The application period for Council's 2018–19 Community Grants Program closed at 4.00pm on Friday 8 June 2018. General information on the Community Grants Program, including Guidelines, is available below.
The Borough provides grants to community organisations that support community, art and cultural projects and activities that enhance the wellbeing and quality of life of residents living in the Borough of Queenscliffe.
The Borough of Queenscliffe Council provides grants of up to $2,000 for projects to provide vital community services and activities.
The grants program aims to assist local community groups and organisations to increase involvement and provide opportunities for Council and the community to work together. The Borough knows that groups often need support and annually makes a total of $20,000 in grant funding available through the Community Grants program.
The Borough of Queenscliffe Community Grants program is provided:
- To encourage and assist common interest groups to take an active involvement in the life of their community for the overall benefit of that community and its members
- To help communities to help themselves to become stronger and more economically, environmentally and socially sustainable
- To enhance leadership and other civic skills within communities to enhance the capacity of those communities to address local issues and challenges and to build vibrant, healthy places
- To develop a sense of community spirit, pride, ownership and identity within communities.
The grant guidelines and application forms can be downloaded from the links below. Copies are also available from the Borough of Queenscliffe Offices.
- Community Grants Program Guidelines
- Community Grants Program Application Form
Community Grants Program Application Form - Word version
The successful 2018–19 Community Grants recipients are:
|Marine and Freshwater Discovery Centre||$2,000||Marine Discovery Rangers|
|Point Lonsdale Tennis Club Inc.||$1,511||Tennis court maintenance|
|Bellarine State Emergency Service||$1,800||Defibrillator|
|Queenscliff Neighbourhood House||$1,240||Primary colours of the Borough|
|Queenscliff Kindergarten||$2,527.65||Kitchen upgrade|
|Queenscliff Lonsdale Yacht Club||$1,377||Five "Discover Sailing and Canoeing" family days|
|Queenscliff Lighthouse Theatre Group||$2,000||Shelving for Red Shed|
|Queenscliff Community Sports Club||$2,000||Sound and visual equipment for a healthier community|
|Bellarine Community Health||$2,000||"Bounce Back" post-natal weekly exercise group|
|Point Lonsdale Board Riders Club Inc.||$ 635.80||Safety and identity coloured vests|
|Queenscliff Golf Club Inc.||$2,000||Replacement of damaged flooring in entry, bar and kitchen|