Community Environment Alliance grants open in February
Applications for the Borough of Queenscliffe 2017-18 Community Environment Alliance Grants Program open on Monday 5 February 2018 and close on Friday 16 March 2018.
The grants support local not-for-profit organisations and groups to reduce carbon emissions and preserve the Borough’s natural environment, and will facilitate innovative and creative projects to achieve one or more of the following:
- Support the reduction of energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions;
- Increase the energy efficiency of community buildings within the municipality;
- Raise community awareness of climate change and the impacts it will have on our environment and way of life;
- Increase recycling at public events;
- Divert waste from landfill;
- Increase community awareness on waste minimisation and correct waste disposal; and / or
- Enable community members to gain new skills in relation to sustainability.
Applications can be made by incorporated not-for-profit organisations whose principal activities are conducted within the Borough of Queenscliffe area, and schools, for non-infrastructure projects only that are separate to the normal school curriculum.
Click here to find out more about the 2017-18 Community Environment Alliance Grants Program, read the program guidelines and start your online application form.
The Community Environment Alliance is a group of Queenscliff and Point Lonsdale locals who are working together to reduce carbon emissions. For more information, head over to www.queenscliffe.vic.gov.au/cea.