Progress at the Queenscliff Sport and Recreation Precinct
Council has progressed a number of elements at the Queenscliff Sport and Recreation Precinct ahead of the summer sporting season.
Since the funding agreement was finalised in June 2016 the following actions have been completed:
- Extensive community consultation undertaken and concept plans finalised in late 2016;
- Tender for detailed design consultant advertised and awarded following endorsement of final sport precinct concept plan;
- Coastal Management Act consent for works including oval sports lights applied for and received;
- Detailed design for civil construction works at sport precinct completed;
- All required Planning Permits for civil construction elements of the project applied for and received;
- Installation of solar PV system on the Monahan Centre;
- Tender for design and construction of oval sports lights advertised and awarded;
- Tender for civil construction advertised and awarded.
- The civil construction program indicates that the netball courts, car park (and associated drainage works) and cricket nets will be completed by April 2018.
The budget for the project has increased based on the detailed design, quantity survey and market response through a public tender. Council is working hard to identify project savings without compromising objectives of the project.
The eco-cabins plans have not impacted the delivery of the sport precinct project.