Victorian Seniors Festival 2017
The 35th Victorian Seniors Festival 2017 is on again this October and there are plenty of activities happening in the Borough of Queenscliffe.
The program of events hosted by the Borough of Queenscliffe runs for the full month of October and includes:
- A trip to the Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie with chocolate tasting
- A trip to Ballarat and a tour of Lake Wendouree on board the iconic Golden City Paddle Steamer
- A free yin yoga class at the Beacon BIG4 resort
- The Mayor’s Over 80s Afternoon Tea
- Come and try sessions for tennis, golf and croquet
- Scones, lamingtons and stories – an afternoon of stories, song and bush verse
“The Victorian Seniors Festival is particularly important to the Borough of Queenscliffe as we have a higher proportion of people at post-retirement age than any other Victorian council,” said the Mayor, Councillor Tony Francis. “There is something for everyone in this year’s program of events, to match the passion and involvement of the seniors in our community.”
Drop in to Council’s offices at 50 Learmonth Street, Queenscliff, the Visitor Information Centre or the Queenscliff Library to pick up a copy of the Borough’s event program. Details for each event, including any associated cost, are listed in the program.
For the first time, public transport will be free for Victorian Seniors Card holders from Sunday 8 October to Sunday 15 October 2017. Visit the Seniors Online Victoria website, www.seniorsonline.vic.gov.au for further details on free travel and Victorian Seniors Festival 2017 events and activities across Victoria.