Who lives here
The Borough of Queenscliffe has a permanent population of around 3,000. This grows up to 17,120 in peak holiday times with the influx of non-permanent residents and visitors.
Many property owners only holiday or live part-time in the Borough. The 53% of private dwellings unoccupied during the 2011 census is indicative of the large temporary population.
A few interesting facts about the Borough of Queenscliffe permanent residents, as determined through the 2011 Census:
- 43.1% of the population is aged over 60.
- There are 2,999 people, living in 2,777 dwellings, with an average household size of 2.09.
- The three largest ancestries in the Borough of Queenscliffe are English, Australian, and Irish.
- 1,051 people (35%) have a tertiary qualification.
- 1,153 people are employed, of which 53% are working full time and 46% part time. There is a high proportion of retirees and semi-retirees.
- 64% of homes in the Borough of Queenscliffe have a broadband internet connection.
The Community Profile provides an in-depth look at the Borough of Queenscliffe population demographics.