Who lives here
The Borough of Queenscliffe has a permanent population of around 3,000. This grows up to 17,120 in peak holiday times with the influx of non-permanent residents and visitors.
Many property owners only holiday or live part-time in the Borough. The 55.9% of private dwellings unoccupied during the 2016 census is indicative of the large temporary population.
A few interesting facts about the Borough of Queenscliffe permanent residents, as determined through the 2016 Census:
- 50.5% of the population is aged over 60.
- There are 2,853 permanent residents living in 2,802 dwellings, with an average household size of 2.00.
- The three largest ancestries in the Borough of Queenscliffe are English, Australian and Irish.
- 1,365 people (54%) have a tertiary qualification.
- 1,036 people are employed, of which 49% are working full time and 50% part time. There is a high proportion of retirees and semi-retirees.
- 77.9% of homes in the Borough of Queenscliffe have a broadband internet connection.
The Community Profile provides an in-depth look at the Borough of Queenscliffe population demographics.