When does Council collect hard waste?
The next hard waste collection will be held on Saturday 16 March 2019.
Please place hard waste on your nature strip for collection from Saturday 9 March 2019.
What is 'hard waste'?
Hard waste is material that cannot be contained in your kerbside waste bin.
Hard waste items (other than whitegoods) must not exceed 32kg in weight or 1.2m in length and 0.6m in width / depth.
These items will be collected:
- Ovens, washing machines and dryers
- Fridges (with door removed)
- Hot water systems
- Household furniture and china
- Lawn mowers and other garden tools
- Garden furniture
- Timber no more than 1.2m in length
- Glass from mirrors and windows (must be securely wrapped in cardboard with the word 'Glass' clearly marked on it)
- Scrap metal and small car parts (excluding car batteries and tyres).
These items won't be collected:
- Computer equipment/printers
- E-waste (electrical appliances)
- Kitchen appliances
- Household rubbish
- Mattresses and/or bases
- Chemicals and paints
- Industrial or liquid wastes
- Waste oils (e.g. cooking and motor oils)
- Waste from industrial or commercial premises
- Building, renovation or demolition waste (including fences, bricks, concrete, rubble or excavation material)
- Pharmaceutical, pathological or poisonous wastes
- Chemical containers
- LPG bottles
- Car batteries and tyres
- Green waste (e.g. tree prunings and weeds).
For further information about what types of items will be collected, please contact Customer Service on 5258 1377