Our region offers many natural attractions and is renowned for its beautiful beaches and coastal landscapes.
There are endless opportunities for water activities on Port Phillip Bay, either from the shore or on a charter boat from Queenscliff.
Experience some of Australia's best underwater diving – see some amazing reefs and shipwrecks or enjoy the abundant marine life.
The Port Phillip Heads Marine National Park is an internationally recognised dive site, offering excellent diving and snorkelling opportunities for varying levels of experience. It's easily accessed from Queenscliff, Point Lonsdale or Swan Bay.
- Learn to surf at the Point Lonsdale back beach
- Swim in sheltered beaches or frolic in the waves at the Point Lonsdale front beach
- Snorkel under the Queenscliff Pier and over shallow reefs at low tide
- Book a charter to snorkel Popes Eye and swim with seals
- Book a diving course with one of the local dive operators and experience the best diving in Australia, including around the newest wreck, the HMAS Canberra.
- Take a leisurely sail around the bay
- Learn about the marine environment and the inland waterways at the Marine and Freshwater Discovery Centre
- Discover the rock pools below the lighthouse at Point Lonsdale at low tide
- Book a half-day fishing trip or try your luck off the pier
- Launch your boat at the Queenscliff Boat Ramp and explore the coastline
- Explore Swan Bay in your kayak and marvel at the flora and fauna.
Check out the Business Directory for contact details of dive, fishing and tour operators.