Council recognises the important role that public art plays in a vibrant and attractive community. Council seeks to support and contribute to the development of a strong arts scene in Queenscliffe and to the creation of interesting and attractive public places.
Council will be accepting proposals for the development of public art. The proposals will be assessed against the principles that the artwork:
- Acknowledges and is receptive to the unique environmental, cultural and historical characteristics within the Borough of Queenscliffe
- Reflects the identity of the community and is accessible to all
- Is consistent with planning and heritage policies and codes
- Builds and/or strengthens partnerships within the community and/or acknowledges a relationship to the wider community
- Contribute to the enrichment of public places and public life
For further information please refer to the Public Art Policy for contact Council's Arts officer on 03 5258 1377.