Frequently asked questions

Can I get an annual permit for the Boat Ramp?

Annual permits for the Boat Ramp are available from Customer Service and are valid from 1 January to 31 December. Permits are available all year round, with the payment amount calculated on a pro-rata basis. A renewal form will be mailed out each year to annual permit holders. Read more...

I have a possum problem – what can I do?

If you have a possum problem, there are a few things you can do to minimise the possum nuisance: Prune tree branches around your home to ensure that possums cannot use the branches to travel onto your roof. Install perspex collars around the trunks of the trees. If a possum is getting into your roof at night, you will need to have someone...

Where is the local tip?

The closest tip is in Becks Road, Drysdale. It is open from 8.00am to 4.15pm seven days a week (closed Christmas Day, Anzac Day and Good Friday). You can contact the tip office on 5251 2935 for cost and other enquiries.

How often does Council collect green waste?

The new fortnightly kerbside green waste service commenced in July 2015. Read more...

Can I pay my rates as a lump sum?

Rates payments are due by instalments on 30 September, 30 November, 28 February and 31 May each year. Council will forward a reminder notice to you prior to each instalment due date. If you would like to pay your rates as a lump sum, the payment needs to be made before the first instalment due date of 30 September to avoid incurring interest.

Can I trim the trees on my nature strip?

Trees on your nature strip are Council property. If you would like Council to carry out trimming or other maintenance work on your nature strip trees, please contact Customer Service on 5258 1377 and your request will be forwarded to Council's outdoor staff for consideration and appropriate action.

My neighbour’s tree is overhanging my property – what can I do about it?

Council is not able to take any action on overhanging trees. We suggest that you speak with your neighbour about the problem, as they may not be aware of it. If you are not successful, Council has copies of the booklet published by Consumer Affairs called Neighbours, The Law & You. This publication gives general information about the law...

I need a new fence – can you please give me my neighbours’ contact details?

You will need to discuss the matter of fencing directly with your neighbours. Council can provide contact details for your neighbour; however, you must make the request in writing to Customer Service. We will send you the information within seven days of receiving your request.