My neighbour’s tree is overhanging my property – what can I do about it?

Council is not able to take any action on overhanging trees. We suggest that you speak with your neighbour about the problem, as they may not be aware of it.

If you are not successful, Council has copies of the booklet published by Consumer Affairs called Neighbours, The Law & You. This publication gives general information about the law relevant to the relationship between neighbours. It also provides guidance on how to deal with a dispute with your neighbours, whether you have a complaint about them or whether they are complaining about you. The publication can also be downloaded at: www.victorialawfoundation.org.au/publications