National Recycling Week
National Recycling Week runs from Monday 9 November to Sunday 15 November 2020.
Council recently hosted a collection event during 2019's National Recycling Week so that residents could dispose of unwanted goods.
Items accepted included:
- Polystyrene packaging (non-commercial quantities)
- Mobile phones, batteries and chargers
- Fluorescent light tubes and compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs)
- Household batteries – sizes AAA, AA, C, D, 6 volt, 9 volt and button
- Toothbrushes, empty toothpaste tubes and dental floss containers.
These items cannot be recycled through your kerbside recycling bin.
To clarify items that will be accepted please contact Council's Sustainability Officer on 5258 1377.
About National Recycling Week
Since 1996 National Recycling Week has been encouraging us all to focus on the environmental benefits of recycling.
National Recycling Week was started by Planet Ark as a way of promoting kerbside, industrial and community recycling initiatives and giving people the tools to minimise waste at home, work and school.