The Borough of Queenscliffe has parking areas within the municipality that are time restricted as well as parking bays for special needs, such as disabled bays and loading zones. Local law officers regularly patrol the municipality and issue on-the-spot fines for anyone breaching the Road Regulations.
How to pay a penalty infringement notice
Payment for penalty infringement notices must be received by the due date specified on the penalty infringement notice.
- By phone - please call Customer Service on 03 5258 1377 to make a payment by phone (credit card only).
- By mail - complete the details on the back of the infringement notice and send the completed notice to the Borough of Queenscliffe, PO Box 93, Queenscliff, Victoria, 3225 with a cheque or money order, for the amount specified on the infringement notice, made payable to the Borough of Queenscliffe. Please ensure you allow enough time for the mailed payment to reach the Borough of Queenscliffe by the due date on the infringement notice. Please do not send cash.
- In person - make your payment in person at Council's offices at 50 Learmonth Street, Queenscliff from Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 4:30pm.
- Payment plan - under Section 46 of the Infringements Act 2006, you may be eligible for a payment plan, provided the infringement notice has not been issued to a body corporate. For further information about payment plans and your elibility, please call Customer Service on 03 5258 1377 or write to the Borough of Queenscliffe at PO Box 93, Queenscliff, Victoria, 3225.
If the penalty is paid by the due date specified on the front of the penalty infringement notice, the matter will not be brought before a court. If the penalty infringement notice is withdrawn and you have already paid it, your payment will be refunded.
To be eligible to use a loading zone, your vehicle must fall into one of the following three categories:
- A truck or utility built for the carrying of goods
- A vehicle that is permanently sign-written (painted) or displays a magnetic or other sticker so as to clearly indicate to Council that the vehicle is being used in connection with a commercial business
- A vehicle that has a "G" registration.
You must be loading or unloading goods and you are only permitted to stay the indicated time.
Penalties apply to vehicles that do not qualify to use the loading zone.
Parking – disabled permits
Disabled parking bays are reserved for people who hold a valid category 1 permit only. To be eligible to use the disabled parking bay the disabled person must actually be getting getting out of the vehicle. If all available disabled bays are occupied a permit holder may stay in a normal parking bay for twice as long as the time limit specified for that parking bay. Disabled parking permits are to be displayed on the dash of the car.
To obtain a disabled permit, your doctor must complete an application form and then submit it to council for assessment. You will be informed within three to five days if your application has been successful or not.
Penalties apply to anyone parking without a valid permit in a disabled bay.
Sleeping in parked vehicles
It is an offence to sleep in any vehicle in any public place in the Borough of Queenscliffe. Arrangements for accommodation should be made before arriving to ensure you have a place to stay. The Queenscliffe Visitor Information Centre can provide accommodation advice. Penalties apply per person.
Drinking alcohol in vehicles or in public places
Except where premises are licensed premises or authorised premises under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998 or where the Council has granted an exemption or a permit, a person must not consume any liquor or have in his or her possession any liquor in an open container in any public place or in a vehicle in a public place in the municipal district. Penalties apply per person
For more information, please contact Customer Service on 03 5258 1377.