Advice and support
Council planning officers are available to discuss any proposed development and advise of potential issues that should be considered during the design phase.
To allow the officer to complete a basic check of issues relating to the site, please book your meeting at least seven days in advance. When booking please provide the following information:
- The full street address and suburb of the property
- Your name and a contact phone number (should we need to re-schedule)
- A brief description of your proposal (e.g. three-lot subdivision, renovations to house, new shed in rear yard)
- Any particular concerns you have already identified.
Council officers are not able to assess a planning application prior to lodgement and no undertakings or guarantees of approval can be made by Council officers prior to formal assessment. However, early consultation can bring to light many issues that may inform your design process. For this reason you should bring a rough sketch or plan of your proposal to help focus the discussion.
To book a meeting, please contact Council's Town Planning Team on 03 5258 1377.
Domestic Building Dispute Resolution Victoria
Domestic Building Dispute Resolution Victoria (DBDRV) is an independent state government agency that provides a free, impartial service to building owners, builders, and in some circumstances, architects and sub-contractors.
It was established to help resolve residential disputes without the cost and time often associated with courts and tribunals.
DBDRV’s approach to resolving disputes involves bringing both parties together to discuss and resolve matters in dispute, including:
- Alterations and renovations
- Associated building work such as garages, driveways, swimming pools and spas
- Some types of home repairs
For further information, click here to visit DBDRV’s website.