Working for the Borough of Queenscliffe
A career in Local Government offers a world of possibility.
The Borough of Queenscliffe has only a small team of staff; however this means we have a team-oriented and social work environment.
To be eligible for appointment as an employee of Borough of Queenscliffe, you must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia or have an appropriate current visa that enables you to work in Australia. Council reserves the right to request proof of visa/citizenship status. Applications are only accepted in response to advertised vacant positions. Unsolicited applications will be returned to the sender and, due to privacy implications, will not be retained by Council.
The Borough of Queenscliffe is seeking a dynamic social media and strategic communications expert for a full time, Band 5 ($63,648 - $73,389) role. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented communications professional to play a key part in Council's communications and community engagement activities, including the development of Council's websites, social media platforms and online services.
Please see the position description and general applicant information. Applications must address the key selection criteria and need to be emailed to email@example.com by 4pm Friday 21 June 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Council's Policy on Equal Employment Opportunity reflects our desire to enjoy a workplace free of discrimination where each person has the opportunity to progress to the extent of their ability. The key policy principles are:
- The Council of the Borough of Queenscliffe is wholly committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
- In all policies and practices of the Council there shall be no discrimination relating to sex, marital status, parenthood, race, colour, nation of origin, physical or mental impairment or religious or political affiliation.
- Selection of an individual for employment, promotion or advancement, training and staff development will be on the basis of the person's merit in fair and open competition according to the skills, qualifications, knowledge and efficiency relevant to the position involved.
Applying for a job
When considering applying for a position with Borough of Queenscliffe it is important to read the Position Description. Your application must include the following information:
- A covering letter including the title of the position you are applying for
- An up-to-date resume including personal details; employment history, including current position and prior experience; qualifications; and referee details (must include current employer if applicable)
- A statement of response to each of the Key Selection Criteria as documented in the Position Description.
All applications need to arrive before the closing date stated in the advertisement for the position. Applications are dealt with in the strictest confidence and in accordance with the Information Privacy Act. Details contained in your application will not be conveyed to any person not directly connected with processing your application without your permission.
Applications should be in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.