Working for the Borough of Queenscliffe
The Borough of Queenscliffe has only a small team of staff; however this means we have a team-oriented and social work environment.
To be eligible for appointment as an employee of Borough of Queenscliffe, you must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia or have an appropriate current visa that enables you to work in Australia. Council reserves the right to request proof of visa/citizenship status. Applications are only accepted in response to advertised vacant positions. Unsolicited applications will be returned to the sender and, due to privacy implications, will not be retained by Council.
Planner / Planning Compliance Officer
Council is seeking to appoint a permanent part-time (0.5) Planner / Planning Compliance Officer. The ideal candidate will provide statutory and strategic planning services in addition to Council’s planning compliance role.
This permanent part-time position is offered at 19 hours per week over three days, with the days of the week negotiable. The salary range falls within Band 6 ($76,854–$83,486) of the Borough of Queenscliffe Enterprise Agreement No. 9, 2016, plus 9.5% superannuation guarantee.
The position description and general applicant information are available at the links below:
Applications must respond to the key selection criteria and be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm on Monday 4 March 2019.
For further information please contact Dinah O’Brien, Senior Planner, on 03 5258 1377.
Relief School Crossing Supervisor (Casual)
Job Ref: RSCS2019
The Borough of Queenscliffe is seeking to appoint a Relief School Crossing Supervisor to maintain a high level of public safety for school children and other pedestrians crossing the road at designated Children’s Crossings within the Borough.
An hourly rate of $32.85 inclusive of 25% casual loading and industry allowance is paid in accordance with Band 1D of the Borough of Queenscliffe Enterprise Bargaining Agreement No 9, 2016. This is a casual position with no guarantee of minimum hours and no entitlement to any pro rata annual leave, sick leave, or public holidays.
The successful applicant must pass a medical examination and a Police Check and obtain an employee Working With Children Check before commencing the role (further information can be found on the General Applicant Information sheet).
The Position Description and General Applicant Information are available at the links below:
These can also be obtained by contacting Customer Service on (03) 5258 1377.
For further information please contact Steve Nelson, Senior Law Enforcement Officer on (03) 5258 1377.
Applications close at 4:00pm on Monday 25 February 2019. Applications must provide a response to each of the Key Selection Criteria and should be returned in writing marked CONFIDENTIAL to Lenny Jenner, Chief Executive Officer, Borough of Queenscliffe, PO Box 93, Queenscliff VIC 3225 or via email to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Council's Policy on Equal Employment Opportunity reflects our desire to enjoy a workplace free of discrimination where each person has the opportunity to progress to the extent of their ability. The key policy principles are:
- The Council of the Borough of Queenscliffe is wholly committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
- In all policies and practices of the Council there shall be no discrimination relating to sex, marital status, parenthood, race, colour, nation of origin, physical or mental impairment or religious or political affiliation.
- Selection of an individual for employment, promotion or advancement, training and staff development will be on the basis of the person's merit in fair and open competition according to the skills, qualifications, knowledge and efficiency relevant to the position involved.
Applying for a job
When considering applying for a position with Borough of Queenscliffe it is important to read the Position Description. Your application must include the following information:
- A covering letter including the title of the position you are applying for
- An up-to-date resume including personal details; employment history, including current position and prior experience; qualifications; and referee details (must include current employer if applicable)
- A statement of response to each of the Key Selection Criteria as documented in the Position Description.
All applications need to arrive before the closing date stated in the advertisement for the position. Applications are dealt with in the strictest confidence and in accordance with the Information Privacy Act. Details contained in your application will not be conveyed to any person not directly connected with processing your application without your permission.
Applications should be in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.