Working for the Borough of Queenscliffe
The Borough of Queenscliffe has only a small team of staff; however this means we have a team-oriented and social work environment.
To be eligible for appointment as an employee of Borough of Queenscliffe, you must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia or have an appropriate current visa that enables you to work in Australia. Council reserves the right to request proof of visa/citizenship status. Applications are only accepted in response to advertised vacant positions. Unsolicited applications will be returned to the sender and, due to privacy implications, will not be retained by Council.
Community Engagement Coordinator
The Borough of Queenscliffe is seeking a motivated and experienced community engagement professional with demonstrated success in community engagement strategies and methodologies, and exceptional strategic communications delivery.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will play the lead role in working across the organisation to develop and implement a strategic, high quality approach to community engagement and manage a small, dynamic team that delivers excellence in communications, marketing and media services.
This is a full-time (38 hours per week) ongoing position, with a salary range that falls within Band 7 of the Borough of Queenscliffe Enterprise Agreement No. 9, 2016 ($86,008 – $96,241 p.a.) plus 9.5% superannuation guarantee.
The position description and applicant information are available at the links below:
For further information contact Jenni Walker, Executive and Human Resources Assistant, on (03) 5258 1377.
Applications must respond to the key selection criteria and be emailed to email@example.com by 4:00pm on Monday 29 October 2018.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Council's Policy on Equal Employment Opportunity reflects our desire to enjoy a workplace free of discrimination where each person has the opportunity to progress to the extent of their ability. The key policy principles are:
- The Council of the Borough of Queenscliffe is wholly committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
- In all policies and practices of the Council there shall be no discrimination relating to sex, marital status, parenthood, race, colour, nation of origin, physical or mental impairment or religious or political affiliation.
- Selection of an individual for employment, promotion or advancement, training and staff development will be on the basis of the person's merit in fair and open competition according to the skills, qualifications, knowledge and efficiency relevant to the position involved.
Applying for a job
When considering applying for a position with Borough of Queenscliffe it is important to read the Position Description. Your application must include the following information:
- A covering letter including the title of the position you are applying for
- An up-to-date resume including personal details; employment history, including current position and prior experience; qualifications; and referee details (must include current employer if applicable)
- A statement of response to each of the Key Selection Criteria as documented in the Position Description.
All applications need to arrive before the closing date stated in the advertisement for the position. Applications are dealt with in the strictest confidence and in accordance with the Information Privacy Act. Details contained in your application will not be conveyed to any person not directly connected with processing your application without your permission.
Applications should be in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.