Working for the Borough of Queenscliffe
The Borough of Queenscliffe has only a small team of staff; however, this means we have a team-oriented and social work environment.
To be eligible for appointment as an employee of Borough of Queenscliffe, you must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia or have an appropriate current visa that enables you to work in Australia. Council reserves the right to request proof of visa/citizenship status. Applications are only accepted in response to advertised vacant positions. Unsolicited applications will be returned to the sender and, due to privacy implications, will not be retained by Council.
GRADUATE CIVIL ENGINEER - TEMPORARY (FIXED TERM - FULL TIME) Job Reference GCE2017
Council is seeking to appoint a temporary fixed term Graduate Civil Engineer to assist with management and maintenance of Council's local road and drainage networks, building assets, footpaths, street trees and street furniture, as well as project management and contract management of delegated Council capital and maintenance projects.
The position offered is a temporary replacement of a full time position (38 hours per week). The salary range falls within Band 6 of the Borough of Queenscliffe Enterprise Agreement No. 9, 2016 ($75,294 - $81,849 p.a.), depending on experience, plus 9.5% superannuation guarantee.
TO APPLY: Please note that the due date for applications for this role has been extended. Applications for the Graduate Civil Engineer role close at 4.00pm on Friday 11 August 2017. Applications should be made in writing to the Chief Executive Officer quoting the relevant job reference number, or by emailing: email@example.com.
GRADUATE ACCOUNTANT - (FULL TIME) Job Reference GA2017
Council is seeking to appoint a Graduate Accountant to assist the Manager Financial Services and Accountant in the provision of financial accounting services to the organisation. The role will also provide backup / support to both the Accountant and the Payroll and Accounts Officer, in the delivery of accounts payable and receivable functions and the provision of accounting business support.
The position offered is 38 hours per week. A rostered day off is negotiable. The salary range falls within Band 5 of the Borough of Queenscliffe Enterprise Agreement No. 9, 2016 ($62,088 - $71,829 p.a.), depending on experience, plus 9.5% superannuation guarantee.
TO APPLY: Applications close 4:00pm Wednesday, 9 August 2017 and should be clearly addressed in writing to the below or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Council's Policy on Equal Employment Opportunity reflects our desire to enjoy a workplace free of discrimination where each person has the opportunity to progress to the extent of their ability. The key policy principles are:
- The Council of the Borough of Queenscliffe is wholly committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
- In all policies and practices of the Council there shall be no discrimination relating to sex, marital status, parenthood, race, colour, nation of origin, physical or mental impairment or religious or political affiliation.
- Selection of an individual for employment, promotion or advancement, training and staff development will be on the basis of the person's merit in fair and open competition according to the skills, qualifications, knowledge and efficiency relevant to the position involved.
Applying for a job
When considering applying for a position with Borough of Queenscliffe it is important to read the Position Description. Your application must include the following information:
- A covering letter including the title of the position you are applying for
- An up-to-date resume including personal details; employment history, including current position and prior experience; qualifications; and referee details (must include current employer if applicable)
- A statement of response to each of the Key Selection Criteria as documented in the Position Description.
All applications need to arrive before the closing date stated in the advertisement for the position. Applications are dealt with in the strictest confidence and in accordance with the Information Privacy Act. Details contained in your application will not be conveyed to any person not directly connected with processing your application without your permission.
Applications should be in writing and addressed:
Chief Executive Officer
Borough of Queenscliffe
PO Box 93, Queenscliff VIC 3225
or emailed to email@example.com.