Working for the Borough of Queenscliffe
The Borough of Queenscliffe has only a small team of staff; however, this means we have a team-oriented and social work environment.
To be eligible for appointment as an employee of Borough of Queenscliffe, you must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia or have an appropriate current visa that enables you to work in Australia. Council reserves the right to request proof of visa/citizenship status.
Applications are only accepted in response to advertised vacant positions. Unsolicited applications will be returned to the sender and, due to privacy implications, will not be retained by Council.
Communications Officer (Part Time)
The Borough of Queenscliffe is one of Victoria’s premier coastal townships with unique environmental, heritage and urban character qualities.
Council is seeking to appoint a part time Communications Officer (Maternity Leave Replacement) to join their vibrant and community focused team.
The position offered is part time, 3 days per week (7.6 hours per day, days of work negotiable) until 14 December 2018 or one week after the end of the maternity leave period, which ever occurs first.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented communications professional to play a key part in the development of Council’s websites, social media platforms and online services. It is an interesting role with diverse responsibilities and real scope to contribute to the preparation of proactive communications material and events promotion.
You will have excellent writing and editing skills with outstanding attention to detail and ability to consistently apply writing style guidelines. Local government experience would be advantageous.
Please find attached the General Information here
Please find attached the Position Description. here
Equal Employment Opportunity
Council's Policy on Equal Employment Opportunity reflects our desire to enjoy a workplace free of discrimination where each person has the opportunity to progress to the extent of their ability. The key policy principles are:
- The Council of the Borough of Queenscliffe is wholly committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
- In all policies and practices of the Council there shall be no discrimination relating to sex, marital status, parenthood, race, colour, nation of origin, physical or mental impairment or religious or political affiliation.
- Selection of an individual for employment, promotion or advancement, training and staff development will be on the basis of the person's merit in fair and open competition according to the skills, qualifications, knowledge and efficiency relevant to the position involved.
Applying for a job
When considering applying for a position with Borough of Queenscliffe it is important to read the Position Description. Your application must include the following information:
- A covering letter including the title of the position you are applying for
- An up-to-date resume including personal details; employment history, including current position and prior experience; qualifications; and referee details (must include current employer if applicable)
- A statement of response to each of the Key Selection Criteria as documented in the Position Description.
All applications need to arrive before the closing date stated in the advertisement for the position. Applications are dealt with in the strictest confidence and in accordance with the Information Privacy Act. Details contained in your application will not be conveyed to any person not directly connected with processing your application without your permission.
Applications should be in writing and addressed:
Chief Executive Officer
Borough of Queenscliffe
PO Box 93, Queenscliff VIC 3225
or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org