Working for the Borough of Queenscliffe
The Borough of Queenscliffe has only a small team of staff; however, this means we have a team-oriented and social work environment.
To be eligible for appointment as an employee of Borough of Queenscliffe, you must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia or have an appropriate current visa that enables you to work in Australia. Council reserves the right to request proof of visa/citizenship status.
Applications are only accepted in response to advertised vacant positions. Unsolicited applications will be returned to the sender and, due to privacy implications, will not be retained by Council.
COMMUNITY CARE WORKER
The Borough of Queenscliffe is seeking to appoint a Temporary Community Care Worker to join their community focused team.
The position offered is a Temporary Part time position (minimum 20 hours per fortnight) with a fixed term to the date of transition of the Borough of Queenscliffe aged care service delivery model or 30 June 2019, whichever occurs first.
The position offered is an immediate start for a qualified Community Care Worker who holds a current Certificate 3 in Home and Community Care and Level 2 in Workplace First-aid Certificate.
Applicants must be available to work on weekends and evenings where required. Penalty rates will apply to the base rate only for hours worked outside the ordinary spread of hours. Appropriate travel allowances are paid for commuting between clients (travel time & kilometres).
Additional hours may be offered from time to time within the scope of the position during your ordinary spread of hours and will be paid at your ordinary rate of pay.
The salary range falls within Band 3 ($26.38 per hour) of the Borough of Queenscliffe Enterprise Agreement No. 9, 2016. plus 9.5% superannuation. You will be entitled to pro rata annual leave, sick leave and public holidays.
Offer of employment is conditional on obtaining a satisfactory Police Check, organised by the potential employee and reimbursed by the Borough of Queenscliffe.
For further enquiries please contact Lisa Schorback, Community Services Coordinator on (03) 5258 1377.
Applications close 4:00pm Friday 10 March 2017 and should be clearly addressed in writing to the below or via email to email@example.com:
Job Ref: TCCW2017
Equal Employment Opportunity
Council's Policy on Equal Employment Opportunity reflects our desire to enjoy a workplace free of discrimination where each person has the opportunity to progress to the extent of their ability. The key policy principles are:
- The Council of the Borough of Queenscliffe is wholly committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
- In all policies and practices of the Council there shall be no discrimination relating to sex, marital status, parenthood, race, colour, nation of origin, physical or mental impairment or religious or political affiliation.
- Selection of an individual for employment, promotion or advancement, training and staff development will be on the basis of the person's merit in fair and open competition according to the skills, qualifications, knowledge and efficiency relevant to the position involved.
Applying for a job
When considering applying for a position with Borough of Queenscliffe it is important to read the Position Description. Your application must include the following information:
- A covering letter including the title of the position you are applying for
- An up-to-date resume including personal details; employment history, including current position and prior experience; qualifications; and referee details (must include current employer if applicable)
- A statement of response to each of the Key Selection Criteria as documented in the Position Description.
All applications need to arrive before the closing date stated in the advertisement for the position. Applications are dealt with in the strictest confidence and in accordance with the Information Privacy Act. Details contained in your application will not be conveyed to any person not directly connected with processing your application without your permission.
Applications should be in writing and addressed:
Chief Executive Officer
Borough of Queenscliffe
PO Box 93, Queenscliff VIC 3225
or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org