Operating an accommodation business

Inside the Vue Grand hotel

Most types of accommodation premises need to be registered with Council, including bed and breakfasts, hotels, motels, hostels, student dormitories, holiday camps and rooming houses.

Council's Environmental Health Officer is required to ensure standards and premise requirements are met under the Public Health & Wellbeing Regulations 2009. We offer a service to review and endorse accommodation premises plans to assess compliance requirements.

New business

Prior to registering your new accommodation business, please contact Council's Environmental & Public Health Coordinator to arrange an assessment. This can assist in avoiding the risk of delays and costs if extra building works or alterations are subsequently needed to obtain registration.

Step 1.Submit your plans

Complete and submit the 'Submitting Plans for Approval for a Food, Health or Accommodation Business' form alongside your premises plans.

Step 2.Submit your accommodation premises registration

Complete and submit the 'Application for Accommodation Premises Registration' form – alongside your premises plans and the applicable fee.

Step 3.We'll inspect the premises

Once the application form and plan approval form are received, Council will conduct an inspection of your premises.

Step 4.Your certificate is issued

Once Council is satisfied that the premises complies with the standards and statutory requirements, we'll issue you a Certificate of Registration. Congratulations!

For any questions or application forms, please contact Council's Environmental & Public Health Coordinator.